Friday, September 24, 2010

Blood Orange Soda Cake

There was an article and recipe in the Orlando Sentinel a few weeks ago that has just been intriguing me. The article dealt with the new "grown up" sodas that have come on the market recently, and how they could be used in traditional recipes to give them a modern twist. This one for a Blood Orange Cake just grabbed me by the throat and wouldn't let go, so I decided to make it today. This is one of those rare times when there are NO LEFTOVERS involved!

Cake baking, or more accurately, cake decorating is definitely not my forte! But this one did come out kinda pretty, don'tcha think?



I can't wait for Michael to get home so I can cut it...and taste it!
I'll add a pic of what the slice looks like later...

It's later...here's the pic. (It tasted good!)



-J

No comments:

Post a Comment