Tuesday, June 22, 2010

This Just In...Our FIRST Ear of Corn!!

Whooo hooo!!!
I am unbelievably excited about this!!! Yesterday Michael picked the first ear of Silver Queen corn from the corn he planted in our small garden!

Behold...


Now, I know...it may not look like much to YOU...but to us, it was a thing of beauty! Yes, it's a little less than completely filled out at the top end...but he picked it in an effort to save it from a cornworm that was trying to set up camp. No problem...we just cut off that end anyhow. After steaming it in some boiling water for about 8 minutes, I cut if off the cob so we could share it, and slathered it with some butter and salt.

MMMMMMM!!!

I've always been extremely partial to Silver Queen corn, since we grew it when I was a kid, and it was the best tasting corn ever. Mike was always a little dubious of that claim, but after tasting it he had to admit it was pretty darn good. "Sweet!" was his exact word...

No comments:

Post a Comment